Lady Gaga Is on a Diet: 'I Gained 25 Pounds'
- Photo: GPA/Gerben Pul/Wonderwall1 of 17
- Photo: Â© Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: ZWAB/SCCB/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Ferry de Kok/BSPSYNDICATION/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.9 of 17
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.13 of 17
- Photo: IBL/Rex/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Lady Gaga's revealing costumes during her Amsterdam tour this week have gotten some attention -- but not for the clothes themselves.
In a new interview with radio host Elvis Duran, the 26-year-old singer admits she's recently gained some weight.
"I'm dieting right now, because I gained, like, 25 pounds," Gaga told the radio show (via Huffington Post) before she headed on tour. "And you know I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second. I have to be on such a strict diet constantly. It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Gaga blames her dad Joe Germanotta's restaurant as the reason for her recent weight gain.
"I love eating pasta and pizza," says Gaga. "I'm a New York Italian girl. That's why I have been staying out of New York. My father opened a restaurant. It's so amazing ... it's so freaking delicious, but I'm telling you I gain five pounds every time I go in there. So my dad wants me to eat at the restaurant, and I'm, like, I've got to go where I can drink green juice."
But some may argue that Gaga doesn't need to go on a diet.
Back in April, the "Born This Way" singer was criticized after she tweeted, "Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger. Pop singers don't eat. I was born this way."
In June, Gaga's good friend Elton John expressed concern over Gaga's thin frame. She is frail, and she doesn't eat when she should, and she's a girl, and it's tougher for a girl," John told The Guardian. "She works really hard. She will be in Denmark one night and Saudi Arabia the next. I know how tiny she is and I do worry about her, yes."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Lady Gaga Is on a Diet: "I Gained 25 Pounds"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite