Lady Gaga Is on a Diet: 'I Gained 25 Pounds'
- Photo: GPA/Gerben Pul/Wonderwall1 of 17
- Photo: Â© Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: ZWAB/SCCB/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Ferry de Kok/BSPSYNDICATION/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.9 of 17
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.13 of 17
- Photo: IBL/Rex/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Lady Gaga's revealing costumes during her Amsterdam tour this week have gotten some attention -- but not for the clothes themselves.
In a new interview with radio host Elvis Duran, the 26-year-old singer admits she's recently gained some weight.
"I'm dieting right now, because I gained, like, 25 pounds," Gaga told the radio show (via Huffington Post) before she headed on tour. "And you know I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second. I have to be on such a strict diet constantly. It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Gaga blames her dad Joe Germanotta's restaurant as the reason for her recent weight gain.
"I love eating pasta and pizza," says Gaga. "I'm a New York Italian girl. That's why I have been staying out of New York. My father opened a restaurant. It's so amazing ... it's so freaking delicious, but I'm telling you I gain five pounds every time I go in there. So my dad wants me to eat at the restaurant, and I'm, like, I've got to go where I can drink green juice."
But some may argue that Gaga doesn't need to go on a diet.
Back in April, the "Born This Way" singer was criticized after she tweeted, "Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger. Pop singers don't eat. I was born this way."
In June, Gaga's good friend Elton John expressed concern over Gaga's thin frame. She is frail, and she doesn't eat when she should, and she's a girl, and it's tougher for a girl," John told The Guardian. "She works really hard. She will be in Denmark one night and Saudi Arabia the next. I know how tiny she is and I do worry about her, yes."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Lady Gaga Is on a Diet: "I Gained 25 Pounds"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite