Lady Gaga Is on a Diet: 'I Gained 25 Pounds'
- Photo: GPA/Gerben Pul/Wonderwall1 of 17
- Photo: Â© Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: ZWAB/SCCB/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Ferry de Kok/BSPSYNDICATION/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.9 of 17
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.13 of 17
- Photo: IBL/Rex/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
Lady Gaga's revealing costumes during her Amsterdam tour this week have gotten some attention -- but not for the clothes themselves.
In a new interview with radio host Elvis Duran, the 26-year-old singer admits she's recently gained some weight.
"I'm dieting right now, because I gained, like, 25 pounds," Gaga told the radio show (via Huffington Post) before she headed on tour. "And you know I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second. I have to be on such a strict diet constantly. It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Gaga blames her dad Joe Germanotta's restaurant as the reason for her recent weight gain.
"I love eating pasta and pizza," says Gaga. "I'm a New York Italian girl. That's why I have been staying out of New York. My father opened a restaurant. It's so amazing ... it's so freaking delicious, but I'm telling you I gain five pounds every time I go in there. So my dad wants me to eat at the restaurant, and I'm, like, I've got to go where I can drink green juice."
But some may argue that Gaga doesn't need to go on a diet.
Back in April, the "Born This Way" singer was criticized after she tweeted, "Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger. Pop singers don't eat. I was born this way."
In June, Gaga's good friend Elton John expressed concern over Gaga's thin frame. She is frail, and she doesn't eat when she should, and she's a girl, and it's tougher for a girl," John told The Guardian. "She works really hard. She will be in Denmark one night and Saudi Arabia the next. I know how tiny she is and I do worry about her, yes."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Lady Gaga Is on a Diet: "I Gained 25 Pounds"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite