Lady Gaga leads Grammys' galactic fashion parade
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'
All eyes on the red carpet at Sunday's Grammy Awards went straight to Lady Gaga and her solar-system gown that was totally out of this world.
Lady Gaga has become fashion's favorite chameleon and she didn't disappoint with this shiny, silvery, three-dimensional number that was created in collaboration with Giorgio Armani — and she promised other outfits throughout the show.
"I am honored to be wearing Armani this evening. The series of pieces Mr. Armani created for me are truly iconic; they represent not only beautiful fashion, but my spirit and essence as an artist," she said in a statement.
Fergie, in an electric blue strapless dress with a swath of silver snaking from her shoulder to the high hemline, along with the other Black Eyed Peas, continued the galactic vibe set by Lady Gaga. Heidi Klum also had a futuristic twist to her micromini with splashes of silver, and Jennifer Hudson captured that spirit with the geometric, clear plastic bracelets she wore with her short black dress that had an open neck, nipped waist and peplum.
While those looks will surely have water cooler value, there were some other outfits on parade outside the Staples Center in Los Angeles that deserved notice, including Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland in a chic coral-and-black gown by Victoria Beckham that fit her like a second skin.
Katy Perry made her statement with hot pink lips but her champagne dress with gold-and-pearl floral embellishment was more understated — at least by Grammy standards.
Toni Braxton wore a dove-gray, one-shoulder gown by David Meister while Melanie Fiona also did the asymmetrical top, but hers was black and had a pouffy black trumpet skirt by Christian Siriano.
"It made me feel like old Hollywood," she said. "It's classic, like I think my music is."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Rocknroll
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite