Lady Gaga: My Ex Said I'd "Never Succeed"
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Lauren Dukoff/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 8
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Who's sorry now? Posing on the March cover of Cosmopolitan magazine, superstar Lady Gaga reveals that an old flame doubted her future fame.
The 23 year-old (real name: Stefani Germonatta) reveals to the mag that an old flame doubted her. "I had a boyfriend who told me I'd never succeed, never be nominated for a Grammy, never have a hit song, and that he hoped I'd fail," she recounts. "I said to him, 'Someday, when we're not together, you won't be able to order a cup of coffee at the f---ing deli without hearing or seeing me.'"
In the interview, she adds that she "ate s--t for so long" trying to make it in the music business. "I've always been delusionally ambitious to the point where people don't understand me," she says.
Also notable in the Cosmo spread: she looks kinda normal! The singer, who has stepped out in bizarre headgear, a translucent bubble dress, antique neck braces, spooky face masks and a latex body suit, wears conventional lingerie on the cover and a little black dress inside.
With wavy blond hair and vampy makeup, the star looks more like a pinup model or Golden Era movie star than the wacky, "avant garde" pop star known to the public.
Tell Us: what do you think of Gaga's look?
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite