Lady Gaga, President Obama race for 10 million Facebook fans
- Photo: Lauren Dukoff/Promotional1 of 11
- Photo: Lauren Dukoff/Promotional2 of 11
- Photo: Luis M. Alvarez/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Aflo/Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: J. Scott Applewhite/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Mandel Ngan/AFP/GettyImages.com9 of 11
- Photo: Lady Gaga/Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
By Jennifer Odell
Techie eyes are turned towards the President and Lady Gaga this weekend as the two most popular Facebookers in the country near a record 10 million Facebook fans.
RELATED: See more pics of Gaga
On Friday morning, Barack Obama was leading Gaga by about 30,000 fans, according to CNN. But in just a few hours, Gaga's fan count hit 9,162,832, pulling her ahead of Obama, whose fan count had only hit 9,122,063.
Both are on track to surpass the 10 million mark this weekend, a record for any living person. But they have a ways to go before they topple the social networking site's biggest fan draw, Michael Jackson, who had clocked in 13,285,811 fans as of Friday, the one year anniversary of his death.
RELATED: MJ and more celebs gone viral
Facebook, which has more than 400 million users, nears its user milestone a year after Ashton Kutcher challenged CNN to see who could pick up one million followers first. The terms of the bet involved a charity donation of mosquito bed nets for World Malaria Day. In April of 2009, the actor won the challenge, reaching the followers goal just 30 minutes before CNN caught up.
Who do you think will hit 10 milion fans first? Tell us in the comments, then check out the full story on CNN.com.
From Crowd Ignite