Lady Gaga Responds to Sharon Osbourne: "As a Youth Activist I'm Compelled to be Involved"
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 13
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 13
- Photo: APL/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 13
- Photo: Cosmopolitan Body/Nicky Johnston/Promotional7 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: © Raymond Hagans/ Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: OPK/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP11 of 13
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
Mother Monster has spoken. In the most recent chapter of the ongoing feud between Lady Gaga and Kelly Osbourne, the "Born This Way" singer took to her Facebook Saturday, Jan. 12, to swiftly defend her statements.
"The 'real world' can be cruel, why not try to change it into a better place?" Gaga wrote, in reference to Sharon Osbourne's Facebook post Thursday. "I am an activist. Nobody takes adolescents seriously, I do. My letter to Kelly Osbourne was open, because her statements on cyber-bullying were public & as a youth activist I'm compelled to be involved."
On Jan. 10, Sharon took Gaga to task in a scathing note on her Facebook page, telling the singer to stop being self-righteous while engaging in hypocritical bullying behavior herself.
"You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world," the 60-year-old talk show host said. "Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened."
"When I see you wearing fur, and using it as a fashion statement, the fact that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me," she continued. "Shouldn’t you be teaching your 'little monster' fans to respect animals and life?"
This most recent verbal tussle first reignited earlier this week, when Gaga posted an open letter to Kelly, 28, on her website regarding comments the Fashion Police cohost had made in a magazine interview, calling Gaga’s fans "the worst" when it came to cyber-bullying.
Kelly detailed death threats and other verbal assaults that she often received from Gaga’s "little monsters."
"They've said I should kill myself, that they hope I get raped," she told UK's Fabulous magazine. "I mean, it's crazy but I've had this all my life and I just try and ignore it."
Gaga responded with a lengthy letter, urging Kelly to consider using her celebrity to help further a "kinder and braver world," rather than a negative one.
"It used to make me truly sad when I would hear people talk about your weight when you were younger, as I was bullied too," Gaga wrote. "To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding. Why not help others?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders for May 24, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Who Am I?
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite