Lady Gaga Undergoes Hip Surgery, Thanks Fans in a Letter Hours Later
- Photo: Miguel/VM/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: DailyMail/Wonderwall5 of 16
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.6 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/FilmMagic14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:05:26 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in Seq
Lady Gaga has always had a special relationship with her fans, aka her Little Monsters. She proved just how special Wednesday, when she took to her website to write a letter to her devoted army just hours after she underwent surgery to treat a hip injury.y.
In the heartfelt note, Gaga thanked her fans for their support and inspiration amid her recent troubles. (Last week, the 26-year-old "Poker Face" singer was forced to cancel the rest of her Born This Way Ball tour due to a labral tear in her right hip. She was also previously diagnosed with synovitis, or severe joint inflammation.)
"Monsters, you really gave me a lot of strength today. Everything happened so fast, but when it came time to face it, I reflected on the many stories and experiences you've shared with me about your lives," she wrote after her operation on Wednesday.
"You have completely blown my mind," she continued. "As they wheeled me into surgery today, I thought about all of your pain and perseverance, your unique family situations, school environments, health issues, homelessness, identity struggles -- sometimes you are so brave that it terrifies me. I wonder how it's even possible."
The Mother Monster then went on to say that the injury was just a temporary obstacle in her path, and that she was grateful to be living her dream -- a dream made possible by her multitude of Little Monsters. "You have changed my life," she gushed. "I love you and am proud to be a part of your lives. If you can do it, I can do it too, and if we stick together we can get through anything."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite