Lady Gaga Undergoes Hip Surgery, Thanks Fans in a Letter Hours Later
- Photo: Miguel/VM/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: DailyMail/Wonderwall5 of 16
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.6 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/FilmMagic14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Lady Gaga has always had a special relationship with her fans, aka her Little Monsters. She proved just how special Wednesday, when she took to her website to write a letter to her devoted army just hours after she underwent surgery to treat a hip injury.y.
In the heartfelt note, Gaga thanked her fans for their support and inspiration amid her recent troubles. (Last week, the 26-year-old "Poker Face" singer was forced to cancel the rest of her Born This Way Ball tour due to a labral tear in her right hip. She was also previously diagnosed with synovitis, or severe joint inflammation.)
"Monsters, you really gave me a lot of strength today. Everything happened so fast, but when it came time to face it, I reflected on the many stories and experiences you've shared with me about your lives," she wrote after her operation on Wednesday.
"You have completely blown my mind," she continued. "As they wheeled me into surgery today, I thought about all of your pain and perseverance, your unique family situations, school environments, health issues, homelessness, identity struggles -- sometimes you are so brave that it terrifies me. I wonder how it's even possible."
The Mother Monster then went on to say that the injury was just a temporary obstacle in her path, and that she was grateful to be living her dream -- a dream made possible by her multitude of Little Monsters. "You have changed my life," she gushed. "I love you and am proud to be a part of your lives. If you can do it, I can do it too, and if we stick together we can get through anything."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite