Lady Gaga Undergoes Hip Surgery, Thanks Fans in a Letter Hours Later
- Photo: Miguel/VM/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: DailyMail/Wonderwall5 of 16
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.6 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/FilmMagic14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sundance Competition Lineup Features Films Starring Kristen Stewart, Aaron Paul, Anne HathawayMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 12:59:17 PM
- HBO Lands Billy Crystal's Broadway Show '700 Sundays'MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 12:42:54 PM
- Rush Limbaugh Must Apologize to Pope Francis, Petition DemandsMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 12:13:04 PM
- Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC After Sarah Palin SlamMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 11:46:58 AM
- R. Kelly's Epic 'Trapped in the Closet' Is Getting More ChaptersMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 11:30:51 AM
- Sundance Competition Lineup Features Films Starring Kristen Stewart, Aaron Paul, Anne Hathaway
Lady Gaga has always had a special relationship with her fans, aka her Little Monsters. She proved just how special Wednesday, when she took to her website to write a letter to her devoted army just hours after she underwent surgery to treat a hip injury.y.
In the heartfelt note, Gaga thanked her fans for their support and inspiration amid her recent troubles. (Last week, the 26-year-old "Poker Face" singer was forced to cancel the rest of her Born This Way Ball tour due to a labral tear in her right hip. She was also previously diagnosed with synovitis, or severe joint inflammation.)
"Monsters, you really gave me a lot of strength today. Everything happened so fast, but when it came time to face it, I reflected on the many stories and experiences you've shared with me about your lives," she wrote after her operation on Wednesday.
"You have completely blown my mind," she continued. "As they wheeled me into surgery today, I thought about all of your pain and perseverance, your unique family situations, school environments, health issues, homelessness, identity struggles -- sometimes you are so brave that it terrifies me. I wonder how it's even possible."
The Mother Monster then went on to say that the injury was just a temporary obstacle in her path, and that she was grateful to be living her dream -- a dream made possible by her multitude of Little Monsters. "You have changed my life," she gushed. "I love you and am proud to be a part of your lives. If you can do it, I can do it too, and if we stick together we can get through anything."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite