Lady Gaga Undergoes Hip Surgery, Thanks Fans in a Letter Hours Later
- Photo: Miguel/VM/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: DailyMail/Wonderwall5 of 16
- Photo: LittleMonsters.com/.6 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/FilmMagic14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Lady Gaga has always had a special relationship with her fans, aka her Little Monsters. She proved just how special Wednesday, when she took to her website to write a letter to her devoted army just hours after she underwent surgery to treat a hip injury.y.
In the heartfelt note, Gaga thanked her fans for their support and inspiration amid her recent troubles. (Last week, the 26-year-old "Poker Face" singer was forced to cancel the rest of her Born This Way Ball tour due to a labral tear in her right hip. She was also previously diagnosed with synovitis, or severe joint inflammation.)
"Monsters, you really gave me a lot of strength today. Everything happened so fast, but when it came time to face it, I reflected on the many stories and experiences you've shared with me about your lives," she wrote after her operation on Wednesday.
"You have completely blown my mind," she continued. "As they wheeled me into surgery today, I thought about all of your pain and perseverance, your unique family situations, school environments, health issues, homelessness, identity struggles -- sometimes you are so brave that it terrifies me. I wonder how it's even possible."
The Mother Monster then went on to say that the injury was just a temporary obstacle in her path, and that she was grateful to be living her dream -- a dream made possible by her multitude of Little Monsters. "You have changed my life," she gushed. "I love you and am proud to be a part of your lives. If you can do it, I can do it too, and if we stick together we can get through anything."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite