Lady Gaga unveils dolls in her flamboyant likeness
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/GettyImages.com4 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: CARLO ALLEGRI/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: AFLO/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
TOKYO (AP) -- One-of-a-kind Lady Gaga has been replicated.
The pop star unveiled life-size dolls in her likeness, dressed in her flamboyant costumes, at a Tokyo event Sunday. A person leaning against the silicon doll's chest can hear Lady Gaga music and messages.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Gaga said she was honored to have replicas of herself. When her friends saw the dolls, "they were so excited to take pictures of me with the dolls and then all of a sudden the dolls took over. And the dolls were the most important thing in the room. And this is a beautiful thing," she said.
Japanese industrial and design companies teamed with her record label to create the Gagadoll, inspired by her new "Artpop" album. They're prototypes not yet available for sale.
RELATED: What stars should be thankful for
At the news conference, the 27-year-old singer made her grand entrance wearing a red plaid jumpsuit and wrapped in coils of the same fabric.
Gaga is participating in a charity auction to benefit the 2011 earthquake and tsunami victims. She's hoping that one of the two Gaga-styled Hello Kitty dolls will raise a lot of money for the cause.
"Artpop" hasn't matched the critical acclaim or sales of her blockbuster "Born This Way" album.
Gaga said she looked forward to returning to Japan with the "Artpop" tour. The concert schedule hasn't been released.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite