Lady Gaga unveils dolls in her flamboyant likeness
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/GettyImages.com4 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: CARLO ALLEGRI/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: AFLO/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Emmy Parties 2014: Zoe Saldana, Michelle Dockery, Aaron Paul Break the Seal (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:57:00 PM
- Yahoo Passes on Saving Enlisted From CancellationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- 'When the Game Stands Tall's' Alexander Ludwig: Learning Football Moves WMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:42:00 PM
- SNL Alum Rachel Dratch Will Guest-Star on Parks and Recreation's Final SeasonMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'
TOKYO (AP) -- One-of-a-kind Lady Gaga has been replicated.
The pop star unveiled life-size dolls in her likeness, dressed in her flamboyant costumes, at a Tokyo event Sunday. A person leaning against the silicon doll's chest can hear Lady Gaga music and messages.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Gaga said she was honored to have replicas of herself. When her friends saw the dolls, "they were so excited to take pictures of me with the dolls and then all of a sudden the dolls took over. And the dolls were the most important thing in the room. And this is a beautiful thing," she said.
Japanese industrial and design companies teamed with her record label to create the Gagadoll, inspired by her new "Artpop" album. They're prototypes not yet available for sale.
RELATED: What stars should be thankful for
At the news conference, the 27-year-old singer made her grand entrance wearing a red plaid jumpsuit and wrapped in coils of the same fabric.
Gaga is participating in a charity auction to benefit the 2011 earthquake and tsunami victims. She's hoping that one of the two Gaga-styled Hello Kitty dolls will raise a lot of money for the cause.
"Artpop" hasn't matched the critical acclaim or sales of her blockbuster "Born This Way" album.
Gaga said she looked forward to returning to Japan with the "Artpop" tour. The concert schedule hasn't been released.
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDesigner Duds
From Crowd Ignite