Lady Gaga unveils dolls in her flamboyant likeness
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/GettyImages.com4 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: CARLO ALLEGRI/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: AFLO/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
TOKYO (AP) -- One-of-a-kind Lady Gaga has been replicated.
The pop star unveiled life-size dolls in her likeness, dressed in her flamboyant costumes, at a Tokyo event Sunday. A person leaning against the silicon doll's chest can hear Lady Gaga music and messages.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Gaga said she was honored to have replicas of herself. When her friends saw the dolls, "they were so excited to take pictures of me with the dolls and then all of a sudden the dolls took over. And the dolls were the most important thing in the room. And this is a beautiful thing," she said.
Japanese industrial and design companies teamed with her record label to create the Gagadoll, inspired by her new "Artpop" album. They're prototypes not yet available for sale.
RELATED: What stars should be thankful for
At the news conference, the 27-year-old singer made her grand entrance wearing a red plaid jumpsuit and wrapped in coils of the same fabric.
Gaga is participating in a charity auction to benefit the 2011 earthquake and tsunami victims. She's hoping that one of the two Gaga-styled Hello Kitty dolls will raise a lot of money for the cause.
"Artpop" hasn't matched the critical acclaim or sales of her blockbuster "Born This Way" album.
Gaga said she looked forward to returning to Japan with the "Artpop" tour. The concert schedule hasn't been released.
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite