Lady Gaga unveils dolls in her flamboyant likeness
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/GettyImages.com4 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 16
- Photo: @ladygaga/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: CARLO ALLEGRI/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: AFLO/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
TOKYO (AP) -- One-of-a-kind Lady Gaga has been replicated.
The pop star unveiled life-size dolls in her likeness, dressed in her flamboyant costumes, at a Tokyo event Sunday. A person leaning against the silicon doll's chest can hear Lady Gaga music and messages.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Gaga said she was honored to have replicas of herself. When her friends saw the dolls, "they were so excited to take pictures of me with the dolls and then all of a sudden the dolls took over. And the dolls were the most important thing in the room. And this is a beautiful thing," she said.
Japanese industrial and design companies teamed with her record label to create the Gagadoll, inspired by her new "Artpop" album. They're prototypes not yet available for sale.
RELATED: What stars should be thankful for
At the news conference, the 27-year-old singer made her grand entrance wearing a red plaid jumpsuit and wrapped in coils of the same fabric.
Gaga is participating in a charity auction to benefit the 2011 earthquake and tsunami victims. She's hoping that one of the two Gaga-styled Hello Kitty dolls will raise a lot of money for the cause.
"Artpop" hasn't matched the critical acclaim or sales of her blockbuster "Born This Way" album.
Gaga said she looked forward to returning to Japan with the "Artpop" tour. The concert schedule hasn't been released.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite