Lady Gaga wants to meet with Obama over bullying
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN1 of 23
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/Invision/AP2 of 23
- Photo: Wenzelberg/NY Post/Splash News3 of 23
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP4 of 23
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/Invision/AP5 of 23
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News6 of 23
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN7 of 23
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 23
- Photo: B MATHUR/Reuters9 of 23
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash/Splash News10 of 23
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN11 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 23
- Photo: Wally Santana/Invision/AP13 of 23
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 23
- Photo: Wong Maye-E/Invision/AP15 of 23
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP16 of 23
- Photo: Splash News17 of 23
- Photo: Splash News18 of 23
- Photo: WENN19 of 23
- Photo: WENN20 of 23
- Photo: SC2/WENN21 of 23
- Photo: YN/Splash News22 of 23
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Lady Gaga wants to meet with President Barack Obama about her concerns over bullying.
Gaga expressed sadness over Twitter Wednesday about the suicide death of a 14-year-old New York boy who had complained in an online video about being bullied over his sexuality.
:RELATED: A New Guy for Gaga?
The pop singer tweeted to her 13.7 million followers: "I am meeting with our President. I will not stop fighting. This must end."
A Democratic official said Gaga plans to attend an Obama fundraiser next week on the West Coast but no private meeting has been scheduled. The official spoke on condition of anonymity and was not authorized to speak publicly about the fundraiser.
In videos, Jamey Rodemeyer described being taunted in his school hallways and receiving hateful messages online before his suicide death Sunday outside his home in Williamsville, N.Y. The video was part of the "It Gets Better Project," which is meant to give hope to gay teens.
:RELATED: Lady Gaga: 'Fame felt like bullying'
In his blog, Rodemeyer referred to himself as gay and made frequent references to suicide and to his idol, Lady Gaga, who often sings about acceptance of gays and lesbians.
Rodemeyer's parents said the boy had been bullied for years but appeared to be doing better since beginning high school a few weeks ago.
Police are investigating whether criminal charges should be filed in the case. New York state doesn't have an anti-bullying law but authorities have said bullies could be charged with harassment or aggravated harassment.
The White House held a conference on bullying prevention in March to discuss bullying, estimating that it affects 13 million students, or about a third of those attending school. Obama said then he hoped to "dispel the myth that bullying is just a harmless rite of passage or an inevitable part of growing up. It's not."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite