Lady Gaga nearing settlement with ex-assistant: report
- Photo: TGB/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: JMF/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: SGC/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: REX USA/Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: KEN KATZ/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com8 of 11
- Photo: ABUS/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'NielsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM
- Universal Options 'Let It Snow' Book Featuring Short Story by John GreenMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:28:00 PM
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: 'I Got it Wrong, I'm Sorry'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:23:00 PM
- Proctor & Gamble Cancels Its Breast Cancer Awareness Month Partnership With NFLMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:12:00 PM
- Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 11:30:00 AM
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'Niels
Pop superstar Lady Gaga is nearing a settlement with her former personal assistant in a bid to avoid a trial over allegations of unpaid overtime.
The singer has been locked in a legal battle with Jennifer O'Neill since 2011, when she filed suit claiming she is owed $380,000 for carrying out 7,168 hours of extra work during the 2010 Monster Ball trek.
The case was scheduled to head for trial next month, when a jury would be primed to decide whether the singer's 24/7 demands left O'Neill with little free time, as she alleged in her legal documents.
However, lawyers for the two parties have worked out a negotiation in an effort to bring the lengthy dispute to an end, the New York Post reports.
RELATED: Over-the-top celebrity bling
A letter sent by O'Neill's attorney to Manhattan Federal Judge Paul Gardephe on Wednesday reads: "(Both sides) have been engaged in significant settlement negotiations over the past two weeks. We have utilized the services of an independent mediator... who brought us to a place where we are in agreement on the most major terms related to a settlement. I am hopeful that the parties can reach a mutual agreement, thus obviating the need for a trial."
Relations between Gaga and her ex-employee turned nasty during the court battle. In a deposition for the case, the star branded O'Neill a "[expletive] hood rat" and accused her of failing in her duties by making her carry her own luggage and unpack her own bags, which was "very stressful" for the singer.
RELATED: Outrageous celebrity demands
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOver The Moon
From Crowd Ignite