Lady Gaga nearing settlement with ex-assistant: report
- Photo: TGB/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: JMF/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: SGC/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: REX USA/Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: KEN KATZ/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com8 of 11
- Photo: ABUS/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Pop superstar Lady Gaga is nearing a settlement with her former personal assistant in a bid to avoid a trial over allegations of unpaid overtime.
The singer has been locked in a legal battle with Jennifer O'Neill since 2011, when she filed suit claiming she is owed $380,000 for carrying out 7,168 hours of extra work during the 2010 Monster Ball trek.
The case was scheduled to head for trial next month, when a jury would be primed to decide whether the singer's 24/7 demands left O'Neill with little free time, as she alleged in her legal documents.
However, lawyers for the two parties have worked out a negotiation in an effort to bring the lengthy dispute to an end, the New York Post reports.
RELATED: Over-the-top celebrity bling
A letter sent by O'Neill's attorney to Manhattan Federal Judge Paul Gardephe on Wednesday reads: "(Both sides) have been engaged in significant settlement negotiations over the past two weeks. We have utilized the services of an independent mediator... who brought us to a place where we are in agreement on the most major terms related to a settlement. I am hopeful that the parties can reach a mutual agreement, thus obviating the need for a trial."
Relations between Gaga and her ex-employee turned nasty during the court battle. In a deposition for the case, the star branded O'Neill a "[expletive] hood rat" and accused her of failing in her duties by making her carry her own luggage and unpack her own bags, which was "very stressful" for the singer.
RELATED: Outrageous celebrity demands
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite