Adam Lambert: 'Christmas arrest was a wake-up call'
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 12
- Photo: whosay/adamlambert/.4 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Robb Cohen/Retna Ltd.10 of 12
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Rocker Adam Lambert has addressed his Christmas bust-up with his boyfriend, Sauli Koskinen, for the first time on TV.
RELATED: Stars Who Came Out of the Closet
In an appearance Thursday on Ellen DeGeneres' daytime talk show, with his Finnish boyfriend in the audience, Lambert said, "Relationships are work, and I'm so lucky to fall in love with a great partner. Everybody has their ups and down, things happen, (and) when you add alcohol to a situation, things can get out of control. ... We had too much to drink; we screwed up. There was no injuries, no violence; it was more just childish, foolish messiness."
The singer and his partner were arrested in Helsinki, Finland, on Dec. 22, 2011, following a fight at a gay club.They were questioned by police and released hours later.
RELATED: Hottest Dudes in Suits
The incident has rompted Lambert to take stock of his life and be a little more mature.
He adds, "I was a little irresponsible, and I think what I learned from the experience was that I owe it to myself, to my loved ones and to my fans to be a little more adult and pull it together. My New Year's resolution was like, 'OK, we're cleaning up the act.' ... I think the universe always sends you wake-up calls."
RELATED: Who Said It? 'American Idol' Edition
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite