Miranda Lambert mourns friend's death
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Us Weekly/Promotional8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Country star Miranda Lambert is mourning the death of a childhood friend.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
The singer took to Twitter to share her grief with fans, revealing she and Mark Adams had been pals since they were 9.
She wrote, "I have lost a friend I've had since 3rd grade today in a tragic accident. When will this pain end. Please pray for peace."
As followers lined up to tweet their condolences and best wishes to the singer, she later responded, "Thanks for the prayers. My friend is Mark Adams. We became friends at 9 years old. He was a great person. He is now in heaven with his dad."
And she had a very special message for her fans: "Please call your friends, especially the ones you haven't talked to In a while or maybe are not on great terms with and tell em u love em... It's so hurtful when it's too late to do that."
She wasn't the only one paying tribute to Adams: The motor racing world was also grieving his death.
Lambert's friend was bike racer James Stewart's mechanic, who was killed on Thursday morning while helping a stranded motorist in Florida.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that an SUV driven by Glen Ross II drifted onto the right shoulder of Interstate 4 and struck Adams, killing him instantly.
Stewart also took to Twitter to share his thoughts, writing in a post, "I'm in disbelief as something so tragic could happen to you while helping someone else in need... I'm stunned because Tex was such a caring & doing for others person. My heart goes out to his family."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite