Miranda Lambert mourns friend's death
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Us Weekly/Promotional8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
Country star Miranda Lambert is mourning the death of a childhood friend.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
The singer took to Twitter to share her grief with fans, revealing she and Mark Adams had been pals since they were 9.
She wrote, "I have lost a friend I've had since 3rd grade today in a tragic accident. When will this pain end. Please pray for peace."
As followers lined up to tweet their condolences and best wishes to the singer, she later responded, "Thanks for the prayers. My friend is Mark Adams. We became friends at 9 years old. He was a great person. He is now in heaven with his dad."
And she had a very special message for her fans: "Please call your friends, especially the ones you haven't talked to In a while or maybe are not on great terms with and tell em u love em... It's so hurtful when it's too late to do that."
She wasn't the only one paying tribute to Adams: The motor racing world was also grieving his death.
Lambert's friend was bike racer James Stewart's mechanic, who was killed on Thursday morning while helping a stranded motorist in Florida.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that an SUV driven by Glen Ross II drifted onto the right shoulder of Interstate 4 and struck Adams, killing him instantly.
Stewart also took to Twitter to share his thoughts, writing in a post, "I'm in disbelief as something so tragic could happen to you while helping someone else in need... I'm stunned because Tex was such a caring & doing for others person. My heart goes out to his family."
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite