Miranda Lambert mourns friend's death
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Us Weekly/Promotional8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Country star Miranda Lambert is mourning the death of a childhood friend.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
The singer took to Twitter to share her grief with fans, revealing she and Mark Adams had been pals since they were 9.
She wrote, "I have lost a friend I've had since 3rd grade today in a tragic accident. When will this pain end. Please pray for peace."
As followers lined up to tweet their condolences and best wishes to the singer, she later responded, "Thanks for the prayers. My friend is Mark Adams. We became friends at 9 years old. He was a great person. He is now in heaven with his dad."
And she had a very special message for her fans: "Please call your friends, especially the ones you haven't talked to In a while or maybe are not on great terms with and tell em u love em... It's so hurtful when it's too late to do that."
She wasn't the only one paying tribute to Adams: The motor racing world was also grieving his death.
Lambert's friend was bike racer James Stewart's mechanic, who was killed on Thursday morning while helping a stranded motorist in Florida.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that an SUV driven by Glen Ross II drifted onto the right shoulder of Interstate 4 and struck Adams, killing him instantly.
Stewart also took to Twitter to share his thoughts, writing in a post, "I'm in disbelief as something so tragic could happen to you while helping someone else in need... I'm stunned because Tex was such a caring & doing for others person. My heart goes out to his family."
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite