Lance Bass Engaged: 'N Sync Member Opens Up About Marriage Proposal
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Invision/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: AR4/DJDM/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: lancebass/Instagram4 of 14
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: Invision/Amy Sussman/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: AR4/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: @LanceBass/Instagram13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
Lance Bass is getting married! As Us Weekly exclusively confirmed, the 'N Sync member proposed to his boyfriend Michael Turchin in New Orleans, and now the 34-year-old entertainer is revealing all of his proposal details and why the Big Easy was the perfect spot to get down on bended knee.
"New Orleans is my favorite city in the world, it really is. I've been coming here my whole life," he told his listeners on his SiriusXM radio show "Dirty Pop with Lance Bass" on Sunday, Sept. 1. "I was born just across the border here [in Laurel, Mississippi]." His new fiance also has roots in the area. "I got down on one knee and I proposed, right in front of Jackson Square, my favorite place," he recalled. "I was pretty nervous."
Finding a location was easy, but finding the perfect ring was quite the other. "I went to so many jewelry stores and finally ended up going to Saks," he said. "[I] found this amazing David Yurman ring. I looked at it [and knew immediately] 'That's the one!'"
The proposal, which Turchin admitted was a complete surprise, topped off an already "amazing week" for Bass. After reuniting with 'N Sync at the MTV Video Music Awards, and later visiting both his and Turchin's families, he knew it was the perfect time to take the next step.
The couple reveal they're already ready to start a family, too. "He is going to be a great husband and the best thing is…he is going to be such a great dad," the newly engaged Bass said of Turchin. "We are just going to enjoy the engagement." He added: "We are just going to enjoy this moment. We will not get married this year—it will probably be next year."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite