Lance Bass Engaged: 'N Sync Member Opens Up About Marriage Proposal
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Invision/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: AR4/DJDM/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: lancebass/Instagram4 of 14
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: Invision/Amy Sussman/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: AR4/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: @LanceBass/Instagram13 of 14
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Lance Bass is getting married! As Us Weekly exclusively confirmed, the 'N Sync member proposed to his boyfriend Michael Turchin in New Orleans, and now the 34-year-old entertainer is revealing all of his proposal details and why the Big Easy was the perfect spot to get down on bended knee.
"New Orleans is my favorite city in the world, it really is. I've been coming here my whole life," he told his listeners on his SiriusXM radio show "Dirty Pop with Lance Bass" on Sunday, Sept. 1. "I was born just across the border here [in Laurel, Mississippi]." His new fiance also has roots in the area. "I got down on one knee and I proposed, right in front of Jackson Square, my favorite place," he recalled. "I was pretty nervous."
Finding a location was easy, but finding the perfect ring was quite the other. "I went to so many jewelry stores and finally ended up going to Saks," he said. "[I] found this amazing David Yurman ring. I looked at it [and knew immediately] 'That's the one!'"
The proposal, which Turchin admitted was a complete surprise, topped off an already "amazing week" for Bass. After reuniting with 'N Sync at the MTV Video Music Awards, and later visiting both his and Turchin's families, he knew it was the perfect time to take the next step.
The couple reveal they're already ready to start a family, too. "He is going to be a great husband and the best thing is…he is going to be such a great dad," the newly engaged Bass said of Turchin. "We are just going to enjoy the engagement." He added: "We are just going to enjoy this moment. We will not get married this year—it will probably be next year."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite