Lauryn Hill says she signed with Sony to pay taxes
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Touchtone Pictures/.4 of 10
- Photo: Lynn McAfee/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: RL2/ZOB/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: RH5/ZOB/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Wonderwall9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
NEW YORK (AP) -- Lauryn Hill says she has signed with Sony to pay her overdue taxes.
Hill pleaded guilty last year to not paying federal taxes on $1.8 million earned from 2005 to 2007. The 37-year-old posted on her Tumblr blog late Thursday that she "signed a new record deal, and that I did this to pay taxes."
In the post, she adds, "The nature of my new business venture, as well as the dollar amount reported, was inaccurate, only a portion of the overall deal. Keep in mind, my past recordings have sold over 50,000,000 units worldwide, earning the label a tremendous amount of money (a fraction of which actually came to me)."
RELATED: See Lauryn's full blog post
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite