LeAnn Rimes: A bully 'tried to kill me'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: OPK/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Brett Kaffee/Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Premiere/Dmac//Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Rex USA9 of 16
- Photo: Brian Rasic/Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Al Powers/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
LeAnn Rimes performed at the Joico-sponsored Anti-Bullying Benefit Concert on Monday night in Los Angeles put on by the Friend Movement, an organization which helps show positive anti-bullying images through art and media, and inspires people to prevent bullying by being better friends.
The anti-bullying issue is of course close to LeAnn's heart, and she revealed to ET the extreme extent to which she was bullied during childhood.
"I was bullied when I was a kid -- when I was in junior high. A lot of girls can get real mean during the sixth grade year," she said. "I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived, a lot. My principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it. So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and tried to kill me! Awesome. So, I'd say I was bullied a little."
But the bullying hasn't stopped at junior high.
"I've been such a target I guess for misjudgment lately, and a lot of anger from some people, especially through social media," she admitted. "Obviously we're [celebrities] underneath a microscope and in the spotlight all the time, but it's no reason to be able to pick apart someone the way that a lot of people do. We're human ... this is my job, and then I have my life. But I'm a human being in both of them -- and I think people forget that a lot of times."
As for her rumored new reality show with her husband Eddie Cibrian, LeAnn remains tight-lipped but obviously has a sense of humor about the situation.
"It seems like everyone talks about our lives all the time, so we might as well have fun with our own lives. I mean, people think they know what it is, but it's really a 180 from what people think they know. ... People think I serve coffee in a bikini, I might as well start doing in on TV," she laughed.
But she stressed that there will absolutely be limits on what the couple will show if the reality TV deal does pan out.
"Lots and lots would be off-limits -- it might not look like it, but it would be," she said. "We would never do a normal reality show with cameras following us around 24/7. ... I have two stepkids -- they would never be on television. There's certain things that would never happen."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bloom vs. Bieber
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite