LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian and I Have 'Both Hurt Each Other'
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: KH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Al Powers/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter7 of 17
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: RIV/Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: RIV/Fame Flynet12 of 17
- Photo: KAMA YOGI/GSI13 of 17
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Katherine Heigl Exits CAA, Signs With WME (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:50:00 PM
- NBC Announces Season Finale Dates for The Blacklist, Chicago Fire and SVUMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:19:00 PM
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew WeinerMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Exits CAA, Signs With WME (Exclusive)
In a new single, "Borrowed," the star opens up about the couple's forbidden love, which developed on the set of Northern Lights while both were still involved with other people. (Rimes wed Dean Sheremet in 2002; Cibrian had been married to Brandi Glanville since 2001.)
"I wanna hold out, but I hold on, even though I know it's wrong," she sings. "Cause I don't want to give you back, you're the best I ever had -- but you're borrowed."
"I carried that song and that title around with me for about eight months," Rimes told Extra after her X Factor performance with Carly Rose Sonenclar on Dec. 20. "I was afraid to write it because I knew I had to be incredibly personal...When I did, it was through a lot of tears."
Another reason she waited so long? Cibrian. Though she told Extra her husband of a year-and-a-half is "always so supportive," she worried a little about rehashing their past.
"I actually was scared to put him in the song, because it does talk about how we both hurt each other," she explained. "There was a moment where we did have some hurt between the two of us that we had to accept and get over and move forward."
Because of that, however, their marriage is much stronger. As she told Extra, it's "made for an amazing relationship."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian and I Have "Both Hurt Each Other"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite