LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian and I Have 'Both Hurt Each Other'
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: KH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Al Powers/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter7 of 17
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: RIV/Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: RIV/Fame Flynet12 of 17
- Photo: KAMA YOGI/GSI13 of 17
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
In a new single, "Borrowed," the star opens up about the couple's forbidden love, which developed on the set of Northern Lights while both were still involved with other people. (Rimes wed Dean Sheremet in 2002; Cibrian had been married to Brandi Glanville since 2001.)
"I wanna hold out, but I hold on, even though I know it's wrong," she sings. "Cause I don't want to give you back, you're the best I ever had -- but you're borrowed."
"I carried that song and that title around with me for about eight months," Rimes told Extra after her X Factor performance with Carly Rose Sonenclar on Dec. 20. "I was afraid to write it because I knew I had to be incredibly personal...When I did, it was through a lot of tears."
Another reason she waited so long? Cibrian. Though she told Extra her husband of a year-and-a-half is "always so supportive," she worried a little about rehashing their past.
"I actually was scared to put him in the song, because it does talk about how we both hurt each other," she explained. "There was a moment where we did have some hurt between the two of us that we had to accept and get over and move forward."
Because of that, however, their marriage is much stronger. As she told Extra, it's "made for an amazing relationship."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian and I Have "Both Hurt Each Other"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite