LeAnn Rimes, ex-husband Dean Sheremet feud on Twitter over gay slur remark
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP1 of 13
- Photo: @deansheremet/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: @deansheremet/Instagram5 of 13
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter6 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/.8 of 13
- Photo: Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- MTV's 'Awkward' Star Beau Mirchoff Joins NBC's Manson Series &amMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:14:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to Creat
Twitter spells trouble for LeAnn Rimes. The "Spitfire" singer, 31, seems to be constantly embroiled in a war of words with someone on the micro-blogging site -- often her husband's ex-wife Brandi Glanville -- and she got into it again on Nov. 23, this time with her own ex, Dean Sheremet.
The latest drama started when Twitter user Da Giggle Factory tweeted an old photo of the country star along with the caption, "Remember the good old days when @leannrimes was just a chubby country bumpkin married to a gay dude?"
Rimes -- now wed to Eddie Cibrian, with whom she famously had an affair in 2009 -- laughed off the remark as a joke. But Sheremet, married to photographer Sarah Silver, didn't think the quip was so funny.
"Laugh away -- Who's the bully now?" the dancer-turned-chef tweeted at Rimes, whom he divorced in 2010 after eight years of marriage. "I don't do Twitter wars, but I do hate ignorance. Being gay isn't offensive, not standing up for the truth is."
That prompted a response from another Twitter user, who defended Rimes' earlier comment about choosing to laugh at the original post. "Exactly, dear lord. I was laughing at myself," the singer clarified.
She also emphasized her strong ties to the gay community. "No, [Dean's] not gay and there's nothing wrong [with] it," she tweeted. "I have always & will always support the community."
Sheremet, who does charity work with Wellness in the Schools, tells Us Weekly he was upset not that someone said he was gay but that it was perceived as an insult -- and that Rimes didn't say otherwise.
"What I was offended by was someone using the term gay as a slur and her not defending it," the food blogger (and Thanksgiving Good Day L.A. guest host) told Us. "I don't care about me. I've learned not to take things personally. This was out of respect to my many gay friends and fans."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite