LeAnn Rimes, ex-husband Dean Sheremet feud on Twitter over gay slur remark
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP1 of 13
- Photo: @deansheremet/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: @deansheremet/Instagram5 of 13
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter6 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/.8 of 13
- Photo: Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
Twitter spells trouble for LeAnn Rimes. The "Spitfire" singer, 31, seems to be constantly embroiled in a war of words with someone on the micro-blogging site -- often her husband's ex-wife Brandi Glanville -- and she got into it again on Nov. 23, this time with her own ex, Dean Sheremet.
The latest drama started when Twitter user Da Giggle Factory tweeted an old photo of the country star along with the caption, "Remember the good old days when @leannrimes was just a chubby country bumpkin married to a gay dude?"
Rimes -- now wed to Eddie Cibrian, with whom she famously had an affair in 2009 -- laughed off the remark as a joke. But Sheremet, married to photographer Sarah Silver, didn't think the quip was so funny.
"Laugh away -- Who's the bully now?" the dancer-turned-chef tweeted at Rimes, whom he divorced in 2010 after eight years of marriage. "I don't do Twitter wars, but I do hate ignorance. Being gay isn't offensive, not standing up for the truth is."
That prompted a response from another Twitter user, who defended Rimes' earlier comment about choosing to laugh at the original post. "Exactly, dear lord. I was laughing at myself," the singer clarified.
She also emphasized her strong ties to the gay community. "No, [Dean's] not gay and there's nothing wrong [with] it," she tweeted. "I have always & will always support the community."
Sheremet, who does charity work with Wellness in the Schools, tells Us Weekly he was upset not that someone said he was gay but that it was perceived as an insult -- and that Rimes didn't say otherwise.
"What I was offended by was someone using the term gay as a slur and her not defending it," the food blogger (and Thanksgiving Good Day L.A. guest host) told Us. "I don't care about me. I've learned not to take things personally. This was out of respect to my many gay friends and fans."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite