LeAnn Rimes: I Like Going to Therapy
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: KAMA/GSI2 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: RAAK/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Wonderwall7 of 9
- Photo: KAMA/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Leann Rimes has opened up about her recent stint in rehab, saying she enjoyed having the chance to work through her problems as she "likes going" to therapy sessions.
RELATED: Drama Queens
The singer enrolled in a treatment facility in August to address anxiety and stress issues and she successfully completed a 30-day in-patient program.
Rimes now says her stint in rehab was a liberating experience as she was able to put her problems in perspective.
She tells the Boston Herald, "I've been in therapy my whole life. I like going. I like being able to have that third-party input and someone to listen that has nothing to do with your life. Everyone has an opinion of how I am and how I should be, and now I'm focusing on how I want to be."
The singer reportedly enrolled in treatment after receiving a slew of nasty messages via Twitter, and admits she was struggling to cope with online criticism.
She adds, "I think it's really hard to deal with Twitter and Facebook and all these social media outlets. And it's hard to take it day after day of reading and seeing things that someone you don't even know says about you. As much as you said you don't want it to penetrate, it does, because you're human."
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite