LeAnn Rimes: I Like Going to Therapy
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: KAMA/GSI2 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: RAAK/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Wonderwall7 of 9
- Photo: KAMA/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Leann Rimes has opened up about her recent stint in rehab, saying she enjoyed having the chance to work through her problems as she "likes going" to therapy sessions.
RELATED: Drama Queens
The singer enrolled in a treatment facility in August to address anxiety and stress issues and she successfully completed a 30-day in-patient program.
Rimes now says her stint in rehab was a liberating experience as she was able to put her problems in perspective.
She tells the Boston Herald, "I've been in therapy my whole life. I like going. I like being able to have that third-party input and someone to listen that has nothing to do with your life. Everyone has an opinion of how I am and how I should be, and now I'm focusing on how I want to be."
The singer reportedly enrolled in treatment after receiving a slew of nasty messages via Twitter, and admits she was struggling to cope with online criticism.
She adds, "I think it's really hard to deal with Twitter and Facebook and all these social media outlets. And it's hard to take it day after day of reading and seeing things that someone you don't even know says about you. As much as you said you don't want it to penetrate, it does, because you're human."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite