LeAnn Rimes' invasion of privacy suit dismissed
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks2 of 12
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Brett Kaffee/Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 12
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Rex USA6 of 12
- Photo: OPK/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Premiere/Dmac//Fame Flynet8 of 12
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter10 of 12
- Photo: Al Powers/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:14:00 AM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- An invasion of privacy lawsuit that LeAnn Rimes filed against two Northern California women has been dismissed.
RELATED: Most improved beach bodies
Los Angeles court records show the actress-singer's suit against Kimberly Smiley and her daughter Alexis Smiley was dismissed Monday. The dismissal prevents Rimes from re-filing the case.
Rimes sued the women in August 2012 claiming they recorded a phone conversation with her and posted it online. She said the recording damaged her reputation and relationships, and caused her emotional distress.
Kimberly Smiley denied wrongdoing in an interview after the suit was filed.
Steve White, an attorney representing the Smileys, says the two sides resolved their differences and he could not comment further.
Rimes' lawyer, Larry Stein, was not immediately available to comment.
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite