LeAnn Rimes recalls being bullied: A girl 'brought a knife to school'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 13
- Photo: Rob Latour / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 13
- Photo: OPK/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Simon Earl/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: KH1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding EpisodeMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:20:00 AM
- The View to Unite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
- Mets' Minor League Team Is Hosting 'Seinfeld' Night, Complete With Puffy MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:21:00 AM
- 'The View' to Reunite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 6:48:00 AM
- Boston Bombing Project Moving Forward as Miniseries at EOne TV (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 6:29:00 AM
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding Episode
LeAnn Rimes is no stranger to bullies. In an interview with "Entertainment Tonight" at an anti-bullying event in Los Angeles, the singer recalls a scary time in 6th grade when a girl brought a knife to school and tried to harm her.
"I was bullied when I was a kid -- when I was in junior high," the 30-year-old said. "A lot of girls can get real mean during the sixth grade year."
Rimes shared that she was an easy target since classmates were jealous of her budding career at the time. "I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived a lot," she shared. "My principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it."
She continued, "So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and tried to kill me! Awesome. So, I'd say I was bullied a little."
The "Where I Stood" crooner, who attended the Joico Friend Movement Benefit Concert, an anti-bullying event in LA on Monday, July 1, with husband Eddie Cibrian said that she's still a victim of bullying -- years after surviving the middle school threats.
"I've been such a target I guess for misjudgment lately, and [get] a lot of anger from some people, especially through social media," she shared. "Obviously we're [celebrities] underneath a microscope and in the spotlight all the time, but it's no reason to be able to pick apart someone the way that a lot of people do."
She added, "We're human ... this is my job, and then I have my life. But I'm a human being in both of them -- and I think people forget that a lot of times."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite