LeAnn Rimes recalls being bullied: A girl 'brought a knife to school'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 13
- Photo: Rob Latour / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 13
- Photo: OPK/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Simon Earl/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: KH1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan WebisodesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:00:00 AM
- The Following's Warren Kole Joins StalkerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Earnings: Discovery Beats Q2 EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Has a Cameo in Fast & Furious 7MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Time Warner Cable Q2 Earnings Rise, But Miss EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:33:00 AM
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan Webisodes
LeAnn Rimes is no stranger to bullies. In an interview with "Entertainment Tonight" at an anti-bullying event in Los Angeles, the singer recalls a scary time in 6th grade when a girl brought a knife to school and tried to harm her.
"I was bullied when I was a kid -- when I was in junior high," the 30-year-old said. "A lot of girls can get real mean during the sixth grade year."
Rimes shared that she was an easy target since classmates were jealous of her budding career at the time. "I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived a lot," she shared. "My principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it."
She continued, "So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and tried to kill me! Awesome. So, I'd say I was bullied a little."
The "Where I Stood" crooner, who attended the Joico Friend Movement Benefit Concert, an anti-bullying event in LA on Monday, July 1, with husband Eddie Cibrian said that she's still a victim of bullying -- years after surviving the middle school threats.
"I've been such a target I guess for misjudgment lately, and [get] a lot of anger from some people, especially through social media," she shared. "Obviously we're [celebrities] underneath a microscope and in the spotlight all the time, but it's no reason to be able to pick apart someone the way that a lot of people do."
She added, "We're human ... this is my job, and then I have my life. But I'm a human being in both of them -- and I think people forget that a lot of times."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite