LeAnn Rimes seeks treatment for anxiety and stress
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter2 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI9 of 16
- Photo: NGRE/GSI10 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: RAAK/GSI12 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Singer LeAnn Rimes has enrolled in a health facility for treatment to address "anxiety and stress."
The "Blue" singer checked herself into a 30-day in-patient program on Wednesday, the day after she turned 30.
Her representative, Marcel Pariseau, tells People.com, "LeAnn has voluntarily entered a 30-day in-patient treatment facility to cope with anxiety and stress."
RELATED: LeAnn and Eddie Renew Their Vows
"While there will be speculation regarding her treatment, she is simply there to learn and develop coping mechanisms. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
The country star will continue to perform in September, with her spokesperson adding, "The facility has granted her permission to keep her weekend tour obligations, as LeAnn doesn't want to disappoint her fans. She will report back after each weekend."
Rimes tells the website, "This is just a time for me to emotionally check out for a second and take care of myself and come back in 30 days as the best 30-year-old woman I can be."
RELATED: LeAnn Rimes' Best Bikini Moments
"All the things in my life will be there when I get out, but you know what? I'm hoping they're not going to affect me as much. I'll have the tools to know how to deal with them."
The star's husband Eddie Cibrian has pledged to fully support his wife during her treatment and has praised her courage for seeking help.
"My wife is the most remarkable and courageous woman I know," he tells People. "I am so proud of her for having the strength to finally take some time for herself. I will be with her every step of the way."
Rimes' representative tells the website the star is not seeking treatment for an eating disorder or substance abuse.
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite