LeAnn Rimes seeks treatment for anxiety and stress
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter2 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI9 of 16
- Photo: NGRE/GSI10 of 16
- Photo: @leannrimes/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: RAAK/GSI12 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: KAMA/GSI15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Singer LeAnn Rimes has enrolled in a health facility for treatment to address "anxiety and stress."
The "Blue" singer checked herself into a 30-day in-patient program on Wednesday, the day after she turned 30.
Her representative, Marcel Pariseau, tells People.com, "LeAnn has voluntarily entered a 30-day in-patient treatment facility to cope with anxiety and stress."
RELATED: LeAnn and Eddie Renew Their Vows
"While there will be speculation regarding her treatment, she is simply there to learn and develop coping mechanisms. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
The country star will continue to perform in September, with her spokesperson adding, "The facility has granted her permission to keep her weekend tour obligations, as LeAnn doesn't want to disappoint her fans. She will report back after each weekend."
Rimes tells the website, "This is just a time for me to emotionally check out for a second and take care of myself and come back in 30 days as the best 30-year-old woman I can be."
RELATED: LeAnn Rimes' Best Bikini Moments
"All the things in my life will be there when I get out, but you know what? I'm hoping they're not going to affect me as much. I'll have the tools to know how to deal with them."
The star's husband Eddie Cibrian has pledged to fully support his wife during her treatment and has praised her courage for seeking help.
"My wife is the most remarkable and courageous woman I know," he tells People. "I am so proud of her for having the strength to finally take some time for herself. I will be with her every step of the way."
Rimes' representative tells the website the star is not seeking treatment for an eating disorder or substance abuse.
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite