- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Mike/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 9
- Photo: Andy Fossum/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: AKM Images/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News6 of 9
- Photo: Eddie Cibrian and Brandi Glanville in May 2009/John Shearer/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: LeAnn and Dean Sheremet/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
By Kat Giantis
The Great LeAnn Rimes Image Makeover of 2010 has begun in earnest. On the heels of a report that she sent a cease-and-desist letter to Brandi Glanville, the not-quite-ex-wife of boyfriend Eddie Cibrian, warning her to shut her piehole or face a lawsuit, the country blonde now seems to be attempting to put a coating of credibility on her relationship with a little help from People magazine.
"The hardest thing to hear is someone call either of us a home-wrecker because we didn't walk into a perfectly happy marriage and ruin it," insists Rimes, who split from husband Dean Sheremet a few months after her affair with Cibrian was exposed by Us Weekly in March 2009. "I was out of balance. My marriage was out of balance. There was something missing."
That something: Cibrian, whom she got close to on the set of their Lifetime movie, "Northern Lights," before things "tipped over" from friendly to romantic after filming wrapped.
RELATED VIDEO: LeAnn addresses affair
"It was very emotionally driven," she explains of their hookup, which also torpedoed the actor's union. "I never once thought what I was doing was OK ... I take responsibility for everything I've done ... I hate that people got hurt. But I don't regret the outcome."
LeAnn, who has recently been snapped doting on the actor's two sons with Glanville (talk about your timely photo ops), tells the mag that she wants children of her own and is open to the idea of another aisle-walk.
"I don't know what the future holds, but I know it holds Eddie," emotes Rimes. "I'm really happy. I've moved on, and I hope there can be some forgiveness and acceptance."
RELATED: The Cheated Hearts Club
She shouldn't hold her breath that either of those will be forthcoming from Glanville. This week, the soon-to-be former Mrs. Cibrian revealed to paparazzi that she was getting the heck out of Dodge.
"I'm moving," she declared. "You guys will never see me again." When asked if she was leaving because LeAnn and Eddie live nearby, Brandi eye-rolled, "You guys know it's a small town, come on."
Perhaps that's why Rimes' ex moved to New York and enrolled in culinary school. On Wednesday, Sheremet may or may not have been making a veiled reference to his onetime missus when he tweeted, "Life is great, some people are a joke though."
LeAnn, for her part, is all about the power of positive thinking on her Twitter, urging followers to check out her People interview and bubbling that she's "really proud of the article inside! It's for you the fans!"
Oh, and she wants us all to be a little less judgey.
"Every single good person in this world makes mistakes, we are human," she says. "Look inward not outward. Spend your time on bettering yourself not judging others. If we all did that can you imagine what we could do!!"
What do you think of LeAnn's sentiments? Sincere or a calculated PR move? Tell us in the comments.
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite