Lil Wayne hurt in St. Louis skateboard accident
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Ralph Notaro / Splash News/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: PNP/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: http://twitter.com/Adri_Mane/Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Wonderwall7 of 15
- Photo: Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: MSN10 of 15
- Photo: KO/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.13 of 15
- Photo: snitcherdesk.com/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Lil Wayne said Monday that he is recovering after gashing his head at a St. Louis-area skateboard park.
The 28-year-old rapper whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. was in suburban St. Louis Sunday for a performance at the outdoor Verizon Amphitheatre. KTVI-TV reported that Lil Wayne, accompanied by a large entourage, showed up Sunday at DePaul Health Center's emergency room.
Hospital spokeswoman Jamie Newell said she could not confirm Lil Wayne was at the hospital, citing privacy laws. But Lil Wayne wrote about it on his Twitter account.
"The Lou was good but I busted my ... head at the sk8park! 9stitches! Gnarly gash over my left eye! Luv the people," he wrote.
RELATED: Celebs partying in Vegas
Messages left with Lil Wayne's management on Monday were not returned. Details about how he was hurt, and where, were not immediately available.
Lil Wayne is about to release his new album, "Tha Carter IV." A previous album, "Tha Carter III," was the best-selling album of 2008 and the Grammy Award winner for Best Rap Album of that year. In 2010, he served time in a New York jail after pleading guilty to a weapons charge.
"Tha Carter IV" will be released digitally after Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, at which Lil Wayne will perform. The album, which features collaborations with Drake, Cory Gunz, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes and others, will be in stores on Aug. 29.
RELATED: The most famous celeb outlaws
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite