Lil Wayne hurt in St. Louis skateboard accident
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Ralph Notaro / Splash News/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: PNP/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: http://twitter.com/Adri_Mane/Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Wonderwall7 of 15
- Photo: Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: MSN10 of 15
- Photo: KO/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.13 of 15
- Photo: snitcherdesk.com/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Lil Wayne said Monday that he is recovering after gashing his head at a St. Louis-area skateboard park.
The 28-year-old rapper whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. was in suburban St. Louis Sunday for a performance at the outdoor Verizon Amphitheatre. KTVI-TV reported that Lil Wayne, accompanied by a large entourage, showed up Sunday at DePaul Health Center's emergency room.
Hospital spokeswoman Jamie Newell said she could not confirm Lil Wayne was at the hospital, citing privacy laws. But Lil Wayne wrote about it on his Twitter account.
"The Lou was good but I busted my ... head at the sk8park! 9stitches! Gnarly gash over my left eye! Luv the people," he wrote.
RELATED: Celebs partying in Vegas
Messages left with Lil Wayne's management on Monday were not returned. Details about how he was hurt, and where, were not immediately available.
Lil Wayne is about to release his new album, "Tha Carter IV." A previous album, "Tha Carter III," was the best-selling album of 2008 and the Grammy Award winner for Best Rap Album of that year. In 2010, he served time in a New York jail after pleading guilty to a weapons charge.
"Tha Carter IV" will be released digitally after Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, at which Lil Wayne will perform. The album, which features collaborations with Drake, Cory Gunz, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes and others, will be in stores on Aug. 29.
RELATED: The most famous celeb outlaws
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite