Lil Wayne hurt in St. Louis skateboard accident
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Ralph Notaro / Splash News/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: PNP/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: http://twitter.com/Adri_Mane/Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Wonderwall7 of 15
- Photo: Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: MSN10 of 15
- Photo: KO/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.13 of 15
- Photo: snitcherdesk.com/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Lil Wayne said Monday that he is recovering after gashing his head at a St. Louis-area skateboard park.
The 28-year-old rapper whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. was in suburban St. Louis Sunday for a performance at the outdoor Verizon Amphitheatre. KTVI-TV reported that Lil Wayne, accompanied by a large entourage, showed up Sunday at DePaul Health Center's emergency room.
Hospital spokeswoman Jamie Newell said she could not confirm Lil Wayne was at the hospital, citing privacy laws. But Lil Wayne wrote about it on his Twitter account.
"The Lou was good but I busted my ... head at the sk8park! 9stitches! Gnarly gash over my left eye! Luv the people," he wrote.
RELATED: Celebs partying in Vegas
Messages left with Lil Wayne's management on Monday were not returned. Details about how he was hurt, and where, were not immediately available.
Lil Wayne is about to release his new album, "Tha Carter IV." A previous album, "Tha Carter III," was the best-selling album of 2008 and the Grammy Award winner for Best Rap Album of that year. In 2010, he served time in a New York jail after pleading guilty to a weapons charge.
"Tha Carter IV" will be released digitally after Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, at which Lil Wayne will perform. The album, which features collaborations with Drake, Cory Gunz, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes and others, will be in stores on Aug. 29.
RELATED: The most famous celeb outlaws
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite