Lil Wayne Out of ICU, In Stable Condition After Suffering Seizures: Report
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Chris O'Meara/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Gary He/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Lil Wayne seems to be on the mend. The 30-year-old rapper has reportedly been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai hospital on Monday, March 18 after being readmitted on March 13.
According to TMZ, Wayne (real name: Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.) is now in stable condition and is walking and eating on his own. The "Lollipop" rapper was first rushed to the hospital to treat severe seizures on March 12. He was released the following day, only to be readmitted soon after.
TMZ initially reported that Wayne was being read his last rites, but the rapper tweeted March 15 "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love." His rep also told Us, "Wayne is doing well."
Why was he in the hospital? "He drank too much sizzurp to get a better high," a source explained to Us. (Sizzurp is an addictive narcotic concoction of prescription-strength cough syrup, sugary sodas and hard candies.) "He needs rehab but he's not close to death or anything. He's fine and just coming down off the high."
Wayne was visited in the hospital by several of his A-list friends on March 16, including Nicki Minaj, Drake and Birdman. Though conflicting reports on the "Got Money" rapper's health have been circulating this past week, his mentor Birdman tweeted Friday that he "will be home real soon."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite