Lil Wayne 'recovering' in hospital after seizure
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Chris O'Meara/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Gary He/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Lil Wayne has been hospitalized, but according to his camp and his official Twitter account — he's OK.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The multiplatinum rapper was hospitalized in Los Angeles on Friday and reps confirmed he was "recovering." He apparently tweeted to his fans from his official account on Friday night: "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."
A person close to the superstar's camp who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter confirmed to The Associated Press that Lil Wayne had a seizure. He has a history of seizures in recent years that have led to previous hospital visits.
While there were some reports that Lil Wayne was fighting for his life, members of his Young Money camp denied it on Twitter.
Before the tweet from Lil Wayne's account, rapper Mack Maine tweeted: "Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...thanks for the prayers and concern. he will update you all soon."
RELATED: Lil Wayne addresses Chris Bosh feud
Rapper Birdman, Lil Wayne's mentor, also downplayed reports that Lil Wayne was in grave condition, tweeting: My son is in good spirit..feelin much betta...be home soon."
The 30-year-old New Orleans native, whose given name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., is one of the biggest stars of not only his genre but in all music. He's due to release his 10th album, "I Am Not a Human Being," on March 26.
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite