Lil Wayne 'recovering' in hospital after seizure
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Chris O'Meara/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Gary He/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is AmeriMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:22:37 AM
- Stephen Colbert Explains 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Role to Letterman (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:13:01 AM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is Ameri
Lil Wayne has been hospitalized, but according to his camp and his official Twitter account — he's OK.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The multiplatinum rapper was hospitalized in Los Angeles on Friday and reps confirmed he was "recovering." He apparently tweeted to his fans from his official account on Friday night: "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."
A person close to the superstar's camp who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter confirmed to The Associated Press that Lil Wayne had a seizure. He has a history of seizures in recent years that have led to previous hospital visits.
While there were some reports that Lil Wayne was fighting for his life, members of his Young Money camp denied it on Twitter.
Before the tweet from Lil Wayne's account, rapper Mack Maine tweeted: "Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...thanks for the prayers and concern. he will update you all soon."
RELATED: Lil Wayne addresses Chris Bosh feud
Rapper Birdman, Lil Wayne's mentor, also downplayed reports that Lil Wayne was in grave condition, tweeting: My son is in good spirit..feelin much betta...be home soon."
The 30-year-old New Orleans native, whose given name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., is one of the biggest stars of not only his genre but in all music. He's due to release his 10th album, "I Am Not a Human Being," on March 26.
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite