Lil Wayne 'recovering' in hospital after seizure
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Chris O'Meara/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Gary He/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
Lil Wayne has been hospitalized, but according to his camp and his official Twitter account — he's OK.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The multiplatinum rapper was hospitalized in Los Angeles on Friday and reps confirmed he was "recovering." He apparently tweeted to his fans from his official account on Friday night: "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."
A person close to the superstar's camp who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter confirmed to The Associated Press that Lil Wayne had a seizure. He has a history of seizures in recent years that have led to previous hospital visits.
While there were some reports that Lil Wayne was fighting for his life, members of his Young Money camp denied it on Twitter.
Before the tweet from Lil Wayne's account, rapper Mack Maine tweeted: "Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...thanks for the prayers and concern. he will update you all soon."
RELATED: Lil Wayne addresses Chris Bosh feud
Rapper Birdman, Lil Wayne's mentor, also downplayed reports that Lil Wayne was in grave condition, tweeting: My son is in good spirit..feelin much betta...be home soon."
The 30-year-old New Orleans native, whose given name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., is one of the biggest stars of not only his genre but in all music. He's due to release his 10th album, "I Am Not a Human Being," on March 26.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite