Lil Wayne touched by soldier's war story
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: TONY GUTIERREZ/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Lil Wayne has publicly thanked an American soldier who credited the rapper's music with saving his life during a near-death experience in Afghanistan.
Lander Chappell, a Private First Class in the American Army, opened up about a horrifying incident in the war zone when he lost a leg in a roadside bomb attack and revealed singing Lil Wayne's track "Tie My Hands" helped him through the ordeal as he waited for rescue.
The hip-hop star has now acknowledged Chappell's story and thanked him for speaking out. In a post on his Twitter.com page, Lil Wayne writes, "PFC Lander Chappell, I've always known that my musik could change lives but I never knew it could save em as well. Thank u."
RELATED: 90s rappers: where are they now?
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite