Lil Wayne touched by soldier's war story
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: TONY GUTIERREZ/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Lil Wayne has publicly thanked an American soldier who credited the rapper's music with saving his life during a near-death experience in Afghanistan.
Lander Chappell, a Private First Class in the American Army, opened up about a horrifying incident in the war zone when he lost a leg in a roadside bomb attack and revealed singing Lil Wayne's track "Tie My Hands" helped him through the ordeal as he waited for rescue.
The hip-hop star has now acknowledged Chappell's story and thanked him for speaking out. In a post on his Twitter.com page, Lil Wayne writes, "PFC Lander Chappell, I've always known that my musik could change lives but I never knew it could save em as well. Thank u."
RELATED: 90s rappers: where are they now?
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite