LL Cool J Talks Hosting the 2014 Grammys, Defends Justin Bieber: 'Cut the Guy Some Slack!'
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Promotional1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram3 of 18
- Photo: Bieber Fever/Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Cohn Wolfe/.5 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram7 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram8 of 18
- Photo: @llcoolj/Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: @llcoolj/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Promotional12 of 18
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Wonderwall13 of 18
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Miami Police Department/.15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
No one is more prepared for the 2014 Grammy Awards than host LL Cool J. The rapper-turned-actor was also the host of last year's show, and he spoke with Us Weekly about preparing for the Jan. 26 ceremony at the LL Cool J and Hennessy-hosted pre-Grammy dinner on Jan. 25 at The Bazaar at SLS Hotel in West Hollywood, Calif.
"Just being a part of it is great," he told Us. "I mean, winning is always going to be the best. I mean, nothing tops winning! But it's always fun being involved and it's fun hosting. This is a good time."
The 46-year-old host also spoke about troubled teen Justin Bieber, who was recently arrested for drag racing while under the influence in Miami.
"At the end of the day, I mean, he's 19 years old," LL Cool J said in defense of the "Boyfriend" singer. "So, you gotta cut the guy some slack you know, he's not like a 35-year-old with penny loafers and khaki's on and you know, dropping his kids off at school and drag racing in a Lambo -- that would be a little different! But I think we just gotta remember what we were doing at 19."
The "NCIS" star believes that with the proper support, Bieber will be able to get back on track.
"Just be merciful, and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes," he continued. "I am not one to really pounce on people. I'm all for justice, don't get me wrong, but I am not one to pounce on people."
As previously reported, Bieber was arrested for a DUI and drag racing in Miami on Jan. 23. He appeared in bond court and set bail at $2,500: $1,000 for DUI, $1,000 for resisting arrest and $500 for an expired license. After his release, Bieber headed to Panama with some of his closest advisors including R&B superstar Usher.
The 2014 Grammy Awards air live on CBS at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, Jan. 26.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Ben's Big Night
Ben Affleck wins an Oscar -- and joins Instagram! -- and more celeb news on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian talks about Kim's wedding. Will Mason be the ring bearer?Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite