LL Cool J Talks Hosting the 2014 Grammys, Defends Justin Bieber: 'Cut the Guy Some Slack!'
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Promotional1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram3 of 18
- Photo: Bieber Fever/Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Cohn Wolfe/.5 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram7 of 18
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram8 of 18
- Photo: @llcoolj/Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: @llcoolj/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Promotional12 of 18
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Wonderwall13 of 18
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Miami Police Department/.15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
No one is more prepared for the 2014 Grammy Awards than host LL Cool J. The rapper-turned-actor was also the host of last year's show, and he spoke with Us Weekly about preparing for the Jan. 26 ceremony at the LL Cool J and Hennessy-hosted pre-Grammy dinner on Jan. 25 at The Bazaar at SLS Hotel in West Hollywood, Calif.
"Just being a part of it is great," he told Us. "I mean, winning is always going to be the best. I mean, nothing tops winning! But it's always fun being involved and it's fun hosting. This is a good time."
The 46-year-old host also spoke about troubled teen Justin Bieber, who was recently arrested for drag racing while under the influence in Miami.
"At the end of the day, I mean, he's 19 years old," LL Cool J said in defense of the "Boyfriend" singer. "So, you gotta cut the guy some slack you know, he's not like a 35-year-old with penny loafers and khaki's on and you know, dropping his kids off at school and drag racing in a Lambo -- that would be a little different! But I think we just gotta remember what we were doing at 19."
The "NCIS" star believes that with the proper support, Bieber will be able to get back on track.
"Just be merciful, and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes," he continued. "I am not one to really pounce on people. I'm all for justice, don't get me wrong, but I am not one to pounce on people."
As previously reported, Bieber was arrested for a DUI and drag racing in Miami on Jan. 23. He appeared in bond court and set bail at $2,500: $1,000 for DUI, $1,000 for resisting arrest and $500 for an expired license. After his release, Bieber headed to Panama with some of his closest advisors including R&B superstar Usher.
The 2014 Grammy Awards air live on CBS at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, Jan. 26.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite