Lorde talks friend Taylor Swift: 'Is there something wrong with lesbians?'
- Photo: GettyImages.com1 of 21
- Photo: ABUS/GSI2 of 21
- Photo: Fern/Splash News3 of 21
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 21
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters6 of 21
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News7 of 21
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP8 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 21
- Photo: Krista Kennell/StarTraks10 of 21
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 21
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage12 of 21
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 21
- Photo: GettyImages.com14 of 21
- Photo: WP#SFC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 21
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA16 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News18 of 21
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet19 of 21
- Photo: Rex USA20 of 21
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
New Zealander Lorde got into a bit of a tiff on Monday, March 10 with radio host Kyle Sandilands of KIIS FM, who sidetracked discussing her Australian tour in favor of her blossoming friendship with singer-songwriter Taylor Swift.
"I see you guys' pictures everywhere are you guys together now?" Sandilands asked (via the Daily Mail), later clarifying, "Not together as in lesbians, I'm not talking about 'Ellen together' I'm talking about, like you guys are friendly right?"
But rather than acting offended by the radio host's initial implications, the "Royals" singer, 17, seemed more upset that he threw out the phrase "Ellen together."
"What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together,' is there something wrong with lesbians?" she asked.
"Oh my god no, I would love that!" he exclaimed. "Are you going to confirm now you're in a lesbian relationship with her?"
"Don't even try it," the Grammy winner calmly replied.
The shock jock continued to pester Lorde about her friendship with the "Red" singer, 24, but the breakout star remained relatively tight-lipped and understandably irritated by the entire conversation.
"I do love her though, we get along well with her. She's very down to earth, right?" Sandilands asked.
After an awkward pause, the "Royals" crooner replied, "Uh ... yeah."
The radio host then sarcastically commented, "Don't go too overboard explaining the friendship then."
Seemingly annoyed, Lorde responded, "I won't, believe me."
The dynamic duo were last spotted together, dancing in the streets of New York on March 9. And in February 2014, Lorde visited Swift in California where they were spotted frolicking on the beach in Malibu and going on a shopping spree in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Brentwood.
Lorde has been dating 24-year-old photographer James Lowe since December 2013, and though she's currently single, Swift's high-profile flames have been countlessly chronicled in her many chart-topping songs.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite