Demi Lovato Cut Back Workload After Rehab Stint
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: MJT/Retna Digital3 of 15
- Photo: KPA/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin5 of 15
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 15
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Ciao Hollywood/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 15
- Photo: Hot Shots Worldwide/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
Singer-actress Demi Lovato has found her workload less stressful since she checked into rehab to address personal issues in 2010, because, she says, her bosses are more cautious of the amount of projects she tackles.
The former Disney star sought professional help for a number of problems, including an eating disorder, depression and self-harming. She's been open about her battles since she checked out of the center last year and the 19-year-old admits her colleagues are now wary of putting too much pressure on her.
Lovato tells BBC's Newsbeat, "I notice people do treat me differently. People I work with, they're more cautious of the workload that I have. I feel almost like I'm being treated more like a human being now, because before it was so easy to be treated like a product. ... I definitely feel like people are being more respectful of my workload and the pressures this career can put on you."
RELATED: Young Hollywood Spending Machines
The pop star also feels she gained respect from others for making the decision to enter rehab.
She adds, "There was a lot of embarrassment and a lot of shame. When I went into rehab, I felt like a failure and I felt, for everybody that told me growing up 'You're going to be successful, but don't turn out like that one girl.' I felt like I'd turned into that 'one girl'. I was like, 'I proved everybody right. I just let a lot of people down, but I realized that by getting help, I wasn't letting anybody down -- I was actually gaining respect from a lot of people because making that decision was very hard but it ultimately would change my life."
RELATED: Demi Lovato: A Year Since Rehab
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite