Demi Lovato Cut Back Workload After Rehab Stint
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: MJT/Retna Digital3 of 15
- Photo: KPA/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin5 of 15
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 15
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Ciao Hollywood/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 15
- Photo: Hot Shots Worldwide/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Singer-actress Demi Lovato has found her workload less stressful since she checked into rehab to address personal issues in 2010, because, she says, her bosses are more cautious of the amount of projects she tackles.
The former Disney star sought professional help for a number of problems, including an eating disorder, depression and self-harming. She's been open about her battles since she checked out of the center last year and the 19-year-old admits her colleagues are now wary of putting too much pressure on her.
Lovato tells BBC's Newsbeat, "I notice people do treat me differently. People I work with, they're more cautious of the workload that I have. I feel almost like I'm being treated more like a human being now, because before it was so easy to be treated like a product. ... I definitely feel like people are being more respectful of my workload and the pressures this career can put on you."
RELATED: Young Hollywood Spending Machines
The pop star also feels she gained respect from others for making the decision to enter rehab.
She adds, "There was a lot of embarrassment and a lot of shame. When I went into rehab, I felt like a failure and I felt, for everybody that told me growing up 'You're going to be successful, but don't turn out like that one girl.' I felt like I'd turned into that 'one girl'. I was like, 'I proved everybody right. I just let a lot of people down, but I realized that by getting help, I wasn't letting anybody down -- I was actually gaining respect from a lot of people because making that decision was very hard but it ultimately would change my life."
RELATED: Demi Lovato: A Year Since Rehab
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite