- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: MJT/Retna Digital3 of 15
- Photo: KPA/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin5 of 15
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 15
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Ciao Hollywood/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 15
- Photo: Hot Shots Worldwide/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
Singer-actress Demi Lovato has found her workload less stressful since she checked into rehab to address personal issues in 2010, because, she says, her bosses are more cautious of the amount of projects she tackles.
The former Disney star sought professional help for a number of problems, including an eating disorder, depression and self-harming. She's been open about her battles since she checked out of the center last year and the 19-year-old admits her colleagues are now wary of putting too much pressure on her.
Lovato tells BBC's Newsbeat, "I notice people do treat me differently. People I work with, they're more cautious of the workload that I have. I feel almost like I'm being treated more like a human being now, because before it was so easy to be treated like a product. ... I definitely feel like people are being more respectful of my workload and the pressures this career can put on you."
RELATED: Young Hollywood Spending Machines
The pop star also feels she gained respect from others for making the decision to enter rehab.
She adds, "There was a lot of embarrassment and a lot of shame. When I went into rehab, I felt like a failure and I felt, for everybody that told me growing up 'You're going to be successful, but don't turn out like that one girl.' I felt like I'd turned into that 'one girl'. I was like, 'I proved everybody right. I just let a lot of people down, but I realized that by getting help, I wasn't letting anybody down -- I was actually gaining respect from a lot of people because making that decision was very hard but it ultimately would change my life."
RELATED: Demi Lovato: A Year Since Rehab
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite