Courtney Love Ordered to Pay Up for Missing Jewelry
- Photo: WENN1 of 17
- Photo: SI1/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: KPA/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Cliff Sobel/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
According to The New York Post, a Manhattan federal judge is holding Courtney Love liable for over $100,000 of missing gems. The grunge rocker has to pay for the vanished baubles from Jacob & Co. (Jacob "The Jeweler" Arabo). She allegedly borrowed the jewels to wear at the New Yorkers for Children Benefit last year. Upon lending them out, court reports say, that Love signed a document acknowledging the worth of her acquired jewels and agreeing to return them.
The Post reports that, according to court papers, the coveted jewelry includes ladies white gold diamond chains, one white gold floral mesh cuff bracelet and one pair of gold diamond pave hoop earrings.
Love says that she attempted to return all of the items through the Mercer Hotel staff in New York in a failed attempt, but only some of the loot was successfully returned. Love says she even filed a police report.
RELATED: Soulja Boy arrested on drug charges
Arabo filed a lawsuit demanding that Love pay back $113,000 in missing gems, but the judge ruled that she may not be held liable for the entire retail price of the items, only for the price paid by Arabo minus any insurance payouts, according to the Post.
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite