Courtney Love Ordered to Pay Up for Missing Jewelry
- Photo: WENN1 of 17
- Photo: SI1/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: KPA/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Cliff Sobel/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
According to The New York Post, a Manhattan federal judge is holding Courtney Love liable for over $100,000 of missing gems. The grunge rocker has to pay for the vanished baubles from Jacob & Co. (Jacob "The Jeweler" Arabo). She allegedly borrowed the jewels to wear at the New Yorkers for Children Benefit last year. Upon lending them out, court reports say, that Love signed a document acknowledging the worth of her acquired jewels and agreeing to return them.
The Post reports that, according to court papers, the coveted jewelry includes ladies white gold diamond chains, one white gold floral mesh cuff bracelet and one pair of gold diamond pave hoop earrings.
Love says that she attempted to return all of the items through the Mercer Hotel staff in New York in a failed attempt, but only some of the loot was successfully returned. Love says she even filed a police report.
RELATED: Soulja Boy arrested on drug charges
Arabo filed a lawsuit demanding that Love pay back $113,000 in missing gems, but the judge ruled that she may not be held liable for the entire retail price of the items, only for the price paid by Arabo minus any insurance payouts, according to the Post.
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite