Courtney Love Ordered to Pay Up for Missing Jewelry
- Photo: WENN1 of 17
- Photo: SI1/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: KPA/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Cliff Sobel/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
According to The New York Post, a Manhattan federal judge is holding Courtney Love liable for over $100,000 of missing gems. The grunge rocker has to pay for the vanished baubles from Jacob & Co. (Jacob "The Jeweler" Arabo). She allegedly borrowed the jewels to wear at the New Yorkers for Children Benefit last year. Upon lending them out, court reports say, that Love signed a document acknowledging the worth of her acquired jewels and agreeing to return them.
The Post reports that, according to court papers, the coveted jewelry includes ladies white gold diamond chains, one white gold floral mesh cuff bracelet and one pair of gold diamond pave hoop earrings.
Love says that she attempted to return all of the items through the Mercer Hotel staff in New York in a failed attempt, but only some of the loot was successfully returned. Love says she even filed a police report.
RELATED: Soulja Boy arrested on drug charges
Arabo filed a lawsuit demanding that Love pay back $113,000 in missing gems, but the judge ruled that she may not be held liable for the entire retail price of the items, only for the price paid by Arabo minus any insurance payouts, according to the Post.
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite