Ludacris donates $50,000 to Typhoon Haiyan relief effort
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: @itsludacris/Instagram8 of 17
- Photo: Andrea Hanks/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: @itsludacris/Instagram10 of 17
- Photo: Jean Catuffe, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images North America12 of 17
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks13 of 17
- Photo: Andrew H. Walker/GettyImages.com14 of 17
- Photo: .15 of 17
- Photo: Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Ludacris has donated $50,000 to help the victims of the deadly typhoon which battered the Philippines earlier this month.
The rapper's pledge will benefit officials at the mGive Foundation, who are distributing money to five non-profit agencies.
A statement from Ludacris, reads, "Typhoon Haiyan has hurt so many people. If we can give what we are able to help the families who have been devastated by this tragedy, we can all make a difference. You don't need to be an entertainer to help...
"The world is made up of many voices, but we are one community... We are a community of action, helping our fellow world citizens in their time of need. Suffering knows no borders. Our charity and compassion can stretch across the sea."
Typhoon Haiyan ravaged the Asian nation, claiming the lives of over 5,200 people and leaving thousands homeless.
In addition to his generous donation, the rapper is getting into the Thanksgiving spirit by giving away turkeys, collard greens and sweet potatoes to 250 families in Atlanta through his The Ludacris Foundation.
He says, "This is the foundation's 11th year giving away turkeys and distributing food boxes for Thanksgiving. I especially look forward to this time of year because it allows me to directly touch the people we are trying to help. If we all pitch in, we can help families who have unfortunately been overwhelmed by a hurting economy and possible joblessness.
"Collectively we can make a huge difference -- you don't need to be an entertainer or rich to help! Just do something small - something that says that they are not forgotten -- something that says they are not alone."
He's not the only music star digging deep this Thanksgiving -- Rihanna has also pledged $100,000 to the typhoon relief effort in the Philippines.
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite