Madonna auctions painting for charity
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram3 of 12
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: PX1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: MU1/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Universal's Kevin Grayson to Head Film Distribution at Robert Simonds' New CompanyMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:30:00 AM
- Gary Oldman Will Produce 'Deep Web' Series for Spike TVMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:17:00 AM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's Museum
Pop icon Madonna is selling off a painting from her personal art collection to help pull in millions for her children's charity.
RELATED: Stars without makeup
The 1921 cubist piece, "Trois Femmes a la Table Rouge" by French artist Fernand Leger, will go on the auction block at a Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates auction in New York on May 7.
The Material Girl's painting is worth up to $7 million, and Madonna has vowed to donate all the proceeds to her Ray of Light Foundation and its education projects in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
A statement from the singer reads, "I cannot accept a world where women or girls are wounded, shot or killed for either going to school or teaching in girls' schools. We don't have time to be complacent. I want to trade something valuable for something invaluable -- educating girls! Knowledge is power. Let's change the world!"
The 1921 painting, purchased by Madonna at a New York auction in 1990, will be displayed in Hong Kong and London before it returns to the Big Apple to be exhibited in Sotheby's galleries ahead of the sale.
RELATED: Madonna and other powerful moms
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby's Here!
From Crowd Ignite